Monday, March 29, 2010

Failed Hobbies...

Ever had the urge to try something new? and start something random just to see what its like? Well this year, I started a 2000 piece jigsaw puzzle of the painting The Last Supper. ...I never finished it. I only got as far as putting together all the borders and about 5 lines at the bottom that had captions. But it will always remind me of my favorite Dr. Cox insult from scrubs: "I'm gonna break you down into so many little pieces that my grandmother, who can do a thousand piece puzzle of clear blue sky in less than an hour, will never be able to finish putting you back together again, even if she does go back in time to when her vision was perfect." Do any of you have any other favorite Dr. Cox insults??

Anyway, I also tried to learn how to play the guitar. I got as far as learning 4 cords. I don't think I've touched it for months now. I also thought I would be playing more soccer this year since I'm not in class anymore. But that turned out to be the biggest fail of all. I haven't touched a soccer ball since...I don't even know how long now.

But there are a few things that have been more successful than I expected. I'm still going to the gym and keeping up with running and swimming. The downside of that is being hungry all the time. And I've discovered that I actually really like singing. Even though before this year I've never sang before, and I'm probably still really bad at it.

That's the point of these things, right? Try as many things as you can while you still have the time. And maybe you can discover just one that'll stick with you. I've been fortunate enough to discover a few things that I would like to keep up with... Be a better singer. Maybe even take some actual classes in the future. Swimming. I discovered I actually missed swimming. The smell of chlorine (mmm...).

I'm sure there are a few other things I'm forgetting, but for now that's all. Hopefully I'll discover even more things in the future. And maybe things that aren't even possible right now...who knows what could happen.

3 comments:

  1. OMG I want to do a 2000 piece puzzle!!!! Maaaaybe, this summer will include a road to Missouri...really want to do that puzzle ;) hahah

    btw i noticed you edited "choline" LOLOLOL I wanted to tell you but my phone was being weird so i couldnt. hahahahhaha. you're so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps you should disable the word verification thing its sooo annoyyying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. James I noticed choline as well. My first thought was Acetylcholine. My second thought was not to tell you bc it was funny. But I guess you caught it :(

    ReplyDelete