Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Remember when we had a mini-WashU reunion in Boston?

Remember when it seemed like a lot of the people we knew were in Boston that Labor day weekend in 2010? HK drove down from Hanover; SP just started dental school there; DZ was already in med school there; JP visited; HC visited JW; oh and MK visited SP. we had dim sum, and then we all went on the duck tours around boston. then we went to Harvard square and and had dinner in some Italian restaurant. can't remember the name now.

Remember also when we drove to the outlet mall the next day? there were some crazy sales, and i don't think i remember seeing HK so excited about coming back to civilization and being able to shop...except once when we went on another shopping spree that Black Friday in Chicago...

its a different kind of feeling when you've moved on to a different stage of your life, but you still got to see some of your good friends in different settings. I think for a long time before those years I never had the consistency that I was finally starting to experience. for the longest time since I was very little, like before I even met Moya, Louisa, and Jimmy's families (and that was one of the earliest stages of my life), I moved around so much that I never really felt like any place was home. and the few places that I did have that faint connection with, I no longer felt like I belonged there. so thinking back now... Columbia SC was the first place I felt like I was at home again since China. I learned how to make long lasting friends. i learned what kind of person I was, and I learned to be comfortable again around others. St. Louis was where I learned what kind of man I wanted to be. That was where I learned what I wanted to do in life, what kind of profession I wanted to go into, and what kinds of things I wanted to accomplish in the world. I learned to be ambitious. And Boston...Boston was the place where I..............

(to be continued)

4 comments:

  1. awww I like this post :) I'm mad I didn't see it until now though!! dude I think your house is probably my favorite place for reunion and I don't know why but it's just so cozy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah why'd this just show up in my feed. Your house really is amazing- it exudes comfort and it's peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boston was the place where you went shopping a lot with your college friends. And had bubble tea. And where you lived in an awesome apt. I miss it already...

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I didn't know you guys liked my house that much...

    lol and on a completely different not, i want bubble tea now.

    ReplyDelete